The finish line is within sight!
After nine years of planning, fund raising, strategizing, building, and operating our dream of a vibrant, vital Civic Park in the heart of Eugene has almost been realized.
Since our soft opening in 2020, the Eugene Civic Alliance and our generous supporters have continued to work hard, smart, and together to secure broad-based public and private sector funding to complete the build-out of Civic Park. So far, we have raised more than $43 million to turn the abandoned site into a thriving space where people of all ages can recreate, exercise, and compete.
Our capital campaign was launched in 2015 and was divided into two phases totaling $48 million:
- Phase I, $30 million, for the Kidsports Fieldhouse, Market of Choice Turf Field, facility parking, and beautiful landscaping. This was the heavy lift of the campaign, and we were ecstatic when this phase was completed in August 2022.
- Phase II, $18 million, for a 2,500-seat stadium. The stadium is an essential component of Civic Park because with it we can host large-scale events that will generate the revenue needed to power ongoing park operations.
With Phase I fully funded and debt free, ECA has begun the second and final phase of Civic Park: the 2,500-seat stadium. The stadium will house team locker rooms, a small press box, a concourse for food truck concessions, and ADA-compliant restroom amenities.
Here’s the good news: ECA has already raised $13 million toward the $18 million Phase II goal. This has allowed us to begin construction of the stadium, confident that our generous supporters will step up to help us raise the final $5 million to complete this ambitious, historic and lifechanging legacy project.
Let us tell you why the stadium is so important to Civic Park and the greater community. The park will serve not only as a beacon for community gathering but, as importantly, allows us to host events such as:
- OSAA high school single A/AA soccer and football championships – for the first time ever!
- 2024 Lane United Football Club USL1 professional men’s and women’s soccer games
- Bushnell University men’s and women’s soccer games
- Northwest College of Champions Soccer Tournament
- regional fall/spring 30-team Ultimate flying disc (frisbee) tournaments
- 3-on-3 regional soccer tournaments
- The fast-growing sport of 7 v 7 Flag Football showcases & tournaments
- Adult recreational leagues
These events will bring significant economic benefits to local hotels, restaurants, retailers, and other businesses. Event revenue will also allow the facility to be financially self-sustaining. Put simply, the revenue stream from these events offers Civic Park a viable business plan for operations and long-term financial stability, however, without the stadium, these events cannot happen.
A completed Civic Park will put Eugene on the map for local and regional sporting events and help solidify our reputation as an innovative sports and recreation leader. But most of all, it will continue to be a place where children and adults can play.
Since it opened (during Covid!), Civic Park has welcomed more than 300,000 visitors to the Kidsports Fieldhouse and the Market of Choice Turf Field. Every year it provides 30,000 kids with a place to play, develop, and have fun. The park delivers a myriad of incalculable health and social benefits that are critical to the well-being of our community and our most important asset: our children.
Won’t you help us reach our goal of raising the final $5 million we need to build the stadium grandstand and realize the dream and the vision of Civic Park?
Generations to come will benefit from your gift. Together we can create a legacy that will make a lasting difference.