Campaign for Civic Park Reaches Major Milestone
May 30, 2018
Last week, Eugene Civic Alliance achieved a major milestone in the campaign for Civic Park by reaching 80 percent of the $26 million Phase 1 fundraising goal! To date, ECA has raised over $21.3 million for the Civic Park project. Reaching 80 percent of the Phase 1 goal is a significant milestone because it represents the fundraising threshold Civic Park contractors require before breaking ground. We hope to break ground on the facility later this year.
Launched in the fall of 2014, the campaign has consistently met key benchmarks on the way to raising the $35 million needed to build Civic Park. Below, is a timeline of the key accomplishments we have made thus far.
- April 2014 – ECA raises $4.1 million in a five month sprint to purchase the 10.2 acre Civic Stadium site from Eugene School District 4J
- June 29, 2015 – Civic Stadium destroyed by a fire
- December 2016 – ECA successfully matches an Oregon Community Foundation challenge grant of $100,000
- January-June 2017 – ECA raises 10 percent of the campaign goal through contributions from ECA board and leadership team members
- July 2017 – Oregon State Legislature approves ECA’s request for $6 million in lottery-backed bond funds
- October 2017 – ECA reaches 50% of the total campaign fundraising goal
- January 2018 – ECA Board of Directors approves plan to construct Civic Park in two phases, allowing ECA to break ground on Civic Park in 2018
- March 2018 – ECA submits land use and building permits for Civic Park
- May 2018 – ECA reaches 80% of Phase 1 fundraising goal
This progress would not be possible without the help of our volunteers and supporters. We are grateful for all of your assistance and contributions as we work to make Civic Park a reality.